The Wii Shop Channel on the Nintendo Wii provides a variety of old games (including SM64!), free channels, and fun, new games. The channels are free, and they include the Nintendo Channel, the Photo Channel 1.1, a Mii channel, Everybody Votes Channel, and the Internet Channel. I have just downloaded the Internet Channel, the Opera (browser)-powered browser that you can use through the Wii. I looked at that version of The E Club, even though it didn’t look very good on the Wii, everything still worked! Learn more here.
Welcome back to my blog! As you may have seen, there was a little defect in the last entry, where some of the text was hidden because of the content blocks. Thanks to shrinking a YouTube video from the Bowser’s Inside Story review, everything’s back to normal here.
The real meaning of this entry, though, is that there won’t be that many new additions to The E Club for a while, because I am inspecting every single page of this site (Whoa! Lots of pages!), to ensure quality and perfection. It will take a long time, to re-validate some YouTube videos, update texts from last year, linking to now non-existent pages, and lots more. For now, enjoy all of this other stuff!
As we all know, Google is the most popular search engine, and the search engine with lots of queries, but now, as you may have seen in the toolbar, there’s a customized web search. A few days after installation of the toolbar, “The E Club Customized Web Search” is added to your browser’s little search box on the top right corner of the screen. This was tested only in Mozilla Firefox, but it may work in other browsers. Also, the search engine has a home page, where you can search the web, images, Conduit Apps (for other Conduit toolbars), video, weather, news, Google Groups, news, and shopping. The coolest thing about the search engine is that, when you type in a search query in the box, click on “More,” and then “The E Club Search!,” you are taken to The E Club’s Custom Search page, where your search results on The E Club come up! This is the same for The E Club Lite.
As you know, The E Club’s 1-year anniversary is coming up this month on the 8th. Not only will there be celebrations, but yesterday, as a belated birthday treat, The E Club’s explorative branches went on to Blogger, a Google website where you can create your own blogs. On June 1, 2010, The E Club World Blog came out. It makes a real-world connection to the amazing worlds of Mario, Star Trek, and Science. Below is a model of “The E Club’s Family Tree:”
Don’t understand the visual? Here’s what it really means:
- The E Club is at the top of the tree, meaning it started it all.
- The E Club Lite came next in line, being a “Division of The E Club.”
- “Wii” Like Games is after The E Club Lite, but there’s an asterisk after it due to the fact that I half own it with a fellow member, J.
- Finally, and most recently, The E Club World Blog came out, being different from the rest of the tree, because it’s the only site, a “Blog Site” to be exact, that wasn’t created with Moogo.
Are you interested in The E Club World? Join the fun at http://world.theeclub.info!
Now that we have both Ask.com search technology and Google search technology on The E Club, Yahoo! Search has arrived! All of these search bars from different companies are on The E Club so you don’t have to go to a million different websites to search one thing. You can get the codes for the search bars at the E-Store! The E Club is, after all, the Mario, Star Trek, and SCIENCE (INCLUDING TECHNOLOGIES) Website. Here are the Yahoo! Search bars:
Yahoo! Web Search Bar:
Just like both of the Google Search bars in “Custom Search 2?,” the above Yahoo! Search bar enables you to search the web, but this one allows you to search both the web and The E Club!
The E Club is going through this “search bar revolution” right now. It is going towards new company search engines like Yahoo! and Ask.com, and maybe more of Google, so there is now an Ask.com Search bar on The E Club (below)! (Note: The results are on Ask.com, not on The E Club.)
There’s a SECOND Custom Search on The E Club? Well, not exactly. I just found a code for a Google-powered search engine where you can surf the web and The E Club. Here it is: (no longer exists)
As you can see, it is powered by Google. I’ve seen this engine and Custom Search on websites all over, now. Next, I need to try this new thing out! P.S. You can hardly read the words next to the bullets, right? Well, the first word is “Web,” so you can search all of the internet, and the second says “http://theeclub.info,” so you can search The E Club.
The only difference with this search engine, CSII, as I call it, and Custom Search is that the results aren’t on The E Club. Here is the link to the website I got this from: www.digitalpoint.com.
NEW FINDS FOR THIS SEARCH ENGINE: Search engines similar to this are given to Google AdSense users (including The E Club) where Google can display targeted ads, and when someone searches something, ads are displayed, and when they’re clicked on, you get revenue. See the search box and some ads here.
I have finally found out what this is for – MONEY! It is a search version of Google AdSense, called AdSense for Search, where ads pop up in search results, and when the user clicks on the ads, the owner of the search engine gets money. I have also tried AdSense for Search.
As you can see by the NEW Top Bar image, The E Club has switched to a convenient new service called SnackTools. With this, The E Club now has a cool Top Bar image and a photo slideshow on the front page.
SnackTools has three beta divisions – BannerSnack, the free Flash banner maker; PhotoSnack, the free photo slideshow maker; and PodSnack, the free Flash playlist maker. The E Club only uses BannerSnack and PhotoSnack. PhotoSnack was used by The E Club just today.
Go on snacktools.com for details of all beta products.
NEW: IF YOU WANT FUN GAMES, CHECK OUT THE NEW MARIO ARCADE!
Now that The E Club is very known, all it needed was a cool, Mario-themed arcade. Now, you can now access the new Mario Arcade! You can play lots of Mario games that are approved by me, and you can share them on sites like Facebook and Twitter!
The point of The E Club’s Mario Arcade is for you to be entertained with almost no ads, especially inappropriate ads or popups. No viruses or scams are in these games, making it safe for computers of any type and people of all ages. Mario fans, ENJOY!
*The E Club is not responsible for any defective or “broken” games. All games are legally uploaded to The E Club by HTML embedding from www.dailyfreegames.com. All rights reserved. © 2010 The E Club, The E Club Lite, and The E Club’s Mario Arcade Division. Also Copyright to Arcade Cabin, Invalid Mob, and respective owners.
New: If you want to help The E Club and The E Club Lite and purchase some cool stuff at the same time, now’s your chance with The E Club’s new E-Store! You can purchase FREE stuff in a few steps!
- Go to the second content block on the right of the regular text, and click on the link that says “Read More” next to a product and a segment of the description of the product.
- Read the description of the product, and if you like it, press “Add to Shopping Cart” below the picture and the description of the product, or, if there’s a drop-down list of options next to that button and you want a product in a different color, style, etc., click on the arrow and find the option you are looking for. Then press Add to Shopping Cart.
- After that, the description of the item is still there, but this time, it says “Price: $0.00,” and it confirms your order. Then press “Proceed to Checkout.” It is a link to the checkout “receipt.”
- Then, the next screen shows you your “receipt.” You can change the quantity of the ordered product by changing the number below the “Amount” column. If you suddenly changed your mind, you can press the “Delete” link to cancel your order. If you still want it, press the “Buy Products” button below the “receipt.”
- (Last step) You get directed to a form where you fill out your personal information. (The information only gets sent to E, so you don’t need to worry about eavesdropping third party companies or anything that’s a scam.) The fields with *s next to them are required. You don’t need to fill out your phone number or any additional information. Press “Place the Order” and then you’re done!** An e-mail notification will notify E when you order the product, and an e-mail will be sent to you also.
**When you place the order, The E Club will give you 5 The E Club Credits, The E Club’s new, special “currency” that is used when you order a product. If you get 100 of The E Club Credits, you will win cool things like a membership here on The E Club, (and The E Club Lite also) and lots more! Each customer’s amount of The E Club Credits are posted below the list of products. Enjoy this cool new addition!